Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
171 Doctors are Online

What does abscess in pubic area indicate?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2010
Answered : 6247 Questions
I had a bump in my pubic area and it was sore to the touch. so I figured it was ingrown hair so I pulled the hairs that was there and surrounding it and white puss came out of it and now it's a little bumb but it's not sore anymore. should I be worried about it?
Posted Fri, 24 Jan 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer: details below Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for the query. You might have developed an abscess. sometimes when the abscess gets walled off by fibrous tissue pain decreased. This type of abscess needs to be drained under antibiotic cover. Please meet a gp. This can be easily treated. Let me know if you have any other doubts. Thank you
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor