question-icon

What does abnormal signals of bone arrow on MRI scan indicate?

Posted on Thu, 24 Jul 2014
Question: My husband had an MRI done today on his upper arm from the elbow to the shoulder. The MRI according to the nurse that called us said that the MRI showed abnormal bone marrow. What does that mean? They want to send him for a bone scan now.
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal (1 hour later)
Brief Answer:
Upload the report.

Detailed Answer:
The abnormal signals of bone arrow on MRI scan cane be due to benign blood disorders or blood related malignancies. A bone scan and bone arrow biopsy are needed to confirm the diagnosis. You can upload the MRI report for a better evaluation. The abnormality of bone arrow is difficult to judge without seeing the actual report.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal

Dr. Praveen Tayal

Orthopaedic Surgeon