What does a weird taste in the mouth without diet or medication change suggest?
Please look for these causes-
Thanks for being on healthcaremagic.com.
I am Dr.Ajay Panwar,a neurologist,here to answer your query.
Precisely,there can be one the following causes for recent onset taste disturbance-
1)Oral or dental infection
2)Upper respiratory tract or throat infection
3)Recent changes in medication (which probably is not the cause as you mentioned)
5)Minerals deficiency-especially Zinc
Also,please get screened for Diabetes and Thyroid disorder as these may also be associated with taste abnormalities.
Please take note whether any of the above causes are associated.Zinc supplementation may be taken orally(PLEASE TAKE MEDICINES UNDER A PHYSICIAN'S GUIDANCE).It will likely be of help.
Hope that I have answered your query.If you have some follow-up questions,I shall be glad to answer else,please close the thread-rate it and write a review as your rating will be of help to me.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What medical conditions cause salt taste in mouth
- What is the suggested medication for hallucinations
- What is the suggested medication for thrush
- What is the suggested medication for cold
- Medical metallic taste in mouth
- Metallic taste in mouth after medication
- Suggest the medication to prevent salty taste in mouth
- Medical everything tastes weird
- What medication is suggested for hydrocele
- Garlic taste in mouth taken medication no improvement suggestions