What does a warm red rash on the upper arm indicate?

Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha

Posted on Fri, 3 Mar 2017 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: Yesterday I noticed a warm, red band around my upper arm. It's sore and has a lump that feels like a rope or cord. What's this?
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
The area seems inflamed.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.

I have gone very carefully through your query and have checked the attached image. The area seems inflamed. The underlying cause needs to be ascertained. It could involve an underlying infection. An allergic component could also be involved. A proper clinical evaluation is needed and it would be a good idea to visit a doctor for a thorough examination.

You may benefit from taking some antiallergic like cetirizine, and some NSAID like ibuprofen.

Hopefully that should help.

Let me know if I could help further.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D