What does a thumping sensation after pacemaker implant indicate?
Hi and thank you for asking!
I read your query and understood your concerns.
You are experiencing chest pain after a strenuous activity and this is a thing that should properly evaluated because this may be a sign for severe cardiac problems including ischemic heart disease (pectoral angina, myocardial infarction). This is why your problem should properly addressed and you need to run some examinations.
If you were my patient I would recommend to do the following examinations (even if you have done those exams before 18 months you should repeat them again):
- Cardiac ECHO
- Echo stress test
- Holter monitoring
This examinations will evaluate your heart status and will exclude any life threatening problems. If you haven't done angiography when you have inserted pacemaker and defibrillator you should do it.
Hope it was of help!
Wish you health!
Following answer to your query.
Yes the thumping sensation most probably is related to pacemaker work. However other cardiac problems should be excluded because you are experiencing those symptoms after strenuous activity.
If the above mentioned exams will be normal than pacemaker work is causing your symptoms.
Wish you health!
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What is a pacemaker
- What happens after pacemaker implantation
- Types of pacemakers implanted
- How to treat keloid scars after pacemaker implantation
- Recovery time after pacemaker implant
- What changes will happen after installing pacemaker
- What md should i see with a pacemaker implant
- Dizzy after pacemaker implantation
- Implantable pacemaker defibrillator
- What causes burning sensation with a pacemaker