question-icon

What does a swollen testicle indicate?

Posted on Tue, 19 May 2015
Question: i have had swolin testicals for over 2 years no pain just swolin
Answered by Dr. Manuel C See IV (35 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
You need a scrotal ultrasound.

Detailed Answer:
Good Day and thank you for being with Healthcare Magic!

Swollen testicles in the absence of pain and present for 2 years would mean that infection is already ruled out due to the chronicity of the problem.

My likely diagnosis would be its either a hernia or a hydrocoele(fluid collection in the testis). Both conditions would be confirmed and/or ruled out with a scrotal ultrasound. Othet conditions that should also be ruled out is testicular mass or cancer which is painless 80% of the time.

I suggest seeing a urologist in your area so he can do a complete physical examination which is lacking in this forum.

I hope I have succeeded in providing the information you were looking for. Please feel free to write back to me for any further clarifications at: http://www.HealthcareMagic.com/doctors/dr-manuel-c-see-iv/66014 I would gladly help you. Best wishes

Regards, Manuel C. See IV, M.D. DPBU FPUA
Dr. Manuel C See IV

Urologist