question-icon

What does a swollen lump near the buttocks indicate?

Posted on Fri, 2 May 2014
Question: I have a ball lump under my skin that moves around above the top pf my bottom crack. There is a visible red line and swelling. Its very sore to touch. Thankyo
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar (1 hour later)
Brief Answer: lipoma Detailed Answer: Hello It can be lipoma, A collection of fat. Usually it is painless but can present with pain, if it gets infected. Will it be possible for you to take a photograph of the lesion and send it to me. This will help me in giving a closer diagnosis. There is an option to upload reports on right side of query page. Please utilize it. Waiting for your response. Thank you
Dr. Rahul Kumar

Dermatologist