What does a sudden episode of lack of oxygen and lightheadedness indicate?

Dr. Sameer Maheshwari

Cardiologist

Posted on Tue, 4 Apr 2017 in Brain and Spine
Question: Sudden episodes of lack of oxygen. Unable to fully breath followed by light headed and light feeling of pins and needles all over my body. More significant on my arms and legs.
Answered by Dr. Sameer Maheshwari 20 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Needs detailed evaluation

Detailed Answer:
Welcome.
This is Dr Sameer, cardiologist.
Sudden onset shortness of breath could be because of cardiac or respiratory issue. This needs detailed evaluation of both the systems.
You will need a ECG & physical examination of chest & heart. I'll recommend you to go to the nearby hospital for it.
It could also be anxiety, but it is difficult to say without proper examining.
So, go to the hospital. I pray & hope that everything comes out normal.
Thanks & take care
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Sameer Maheshwari 53 minutes later
Thanks,......i already had an EKG and it was normal.
Answered by Dr. Sameer Maheshwari 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
Welcome

Detailed Answer:
Welcome back.
It is good that was normal. I hope other things comes out normal too.
If your current query is answered, you can choose to close the discussion or if you have any more question now or in future, I'll be delighted to help.
Thanks & take care
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D