What does a sore kneecap indicate after a fall?
Please give additional information.
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.
Please give some details for me to assist you better:
Is there any pain while walking or moving the affected knee joint.
Any color change in skin?
Any other complaints?
If the movements of knee are painless and normal this may be a hematoma/edema.
It is always better to get a plain X-ray of the knee in two views to rule out fracture as some hairline fractures may not cause much symptoms or signs.
Take some anti-inflammatory medications.
Give rest to the affected joint.
Apply crepe bandage in figure of 8 fashion to give support.
Please give feedback.
Hope I have answered your query.
Dr. T Chandrakant, General Surgeon
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for severe pain in foot from hip to toe
- Suggest treatment for gall bladder stones
- What causes pain and bleeding post rectocele repair surgery?
- Suggest treatment for gastritis
- What causes chest pain and abdominal pain?
- What does this ultrasonongraphy report indicate?
- What causes whitish color of outside of urethra?
- What causes skin growth on buttocks oozing pus?
- What does this EKG report indicate?
- Suggest treatment for darkened glans penis