Owl Image

What does a snapping sound in the right ear indicate?

Owl Image
Dr. Ilir Sharka

Cardiologist

Question
occaisional snapping in my right ear I guess in sync with my heartbeat. If I lower my head to my knees the snapping goes away.
email YYYY@YYYY
Sat, 13 Jan 2018 in Medicines and Side Effects

Answered by Dr. Ilir Sharka 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
I would recommend as follows:

Detailed Answer:
Hello!

Welcome and thank you for asking on HealthcareMagic!

Regarding your concern, I would explain that your symptoms don't seem to be related to any serious medical disorder.

Low blood pressure or orthostatic hypotension may cause such clinical scenario.

For this reason, I would recommend you to monitor your blood pressure values during these episodes.

I would also advice performing some tests:

- a complete blood count to rule out anemia
- blood electrolytes
- thyroid hormone levels
- a Head-Up Tilt test for postural hypotension.

A brain MRI may also be needed if all the above tests result normal.

Hope you will find this answer helpful! Let me know if I can assist you further.

Kind regards,

Dr.Iliri