What does a small spot in brain indicate?

Dr. Vivek Chail

Radiologist

Posted on Mon, 12 May 2014 in X-ray, Lab tests and Scans
Question: i had an MRI done Friday .. they told me today they found a small spot .. whatever that means .. it kinda scared me .. i have 2 stents .. i had a TIA stroke in 2011 .. i exercise regularly .. i'v been being treated for Miniere's Disease for the last couple of months ...having really bad vertigo .. but this vertigo problem actually started over 25 years ago .. it just comes and goes .. sometimes gone for 10 years or better .. i had MRI done in 2008 .. and it was normal.. now this comes up .. i'm really worried and confused .. hope you can help me a little. Could this be cancer in your opinion?
Answered by Dr. Vivek Chail 2 hours later
Brief Answer: It may not be worrisome... Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for writing in to us. I have read through your query in detail. If you had a MRI in 2008 which was normal and then also recovered from a TIA in 2011, then I suppose the spot in your latest MRI might refer to an area of ischemia which was probably a result of the TIA. It may not be as worrisome as it sounds. However, I would like to see a copy of your report to understand the exact nature of the problem and make clarifications as you have particularly asked about the possibility of cancer and an opinion on that. May I request you to please scan a copy of your latest MRI report and attach it to your query. I will be glad to reply back at the earliest. Regards, Dr.Vivek
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad