What does a small red lump on tip of penis indicate?

Dermatologist
Question
Hello i have a question about a small red lump on the tip of my penis right beside the opening thats been there for a while but didnt thinky much of it till now. It is soft just like the skin?
Posted Sat, 23 Aug 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Johny Chacko 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Please upload a picture

Detailed Answer:

Welcome to healthcare magic.

I understand from your query that you are concerned about a growth near your penis.

From your description, I would consider the possibility of a soft fibroma.
This is a benign growth which could occur on the foreskin.

Please upload a clear photograph so that I can assess better.

Dr. Johny Chacko

Follow-up: What does a small red lump on tip of penis indicate? 17 hours later
It is to the right of the opening. It isnt raised much but if you pull the skin up it is a little raised.. if its not dangerous i dont care what it looks like. I havent had any sex and it has been months since i masturbated. If you could let me know that would be great. Jos

Answered by Dr. Johny Chacko 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
Cyst

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for the clinical picture.

From what I can see, it looks like a very small swelling. I would consider the possibility of a dilated gland. There are different types of glands opening near the genitalia like sebaceous glands and eccrine glands

It could resolve on its own.

I would just advise you to observe and if you feel it is growing in size, you could consult a dermatologist to get it cauterized.

Do not worry as it does not look like anything to be worried about.

Hope this helps you.

Dr. Johny Chacko