What does a small red lump on tip of penis indicate?

Dr. Johny Chacko

Dermatologist

Posted on Sat, 23 Aug 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: Hello i have a question about a small red lump on the tip of my penis right beside the opening thats been there for a while but didnt thinky much of it till now. It is soft just like the skin?
Answered by Dr. Johny Chacko 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Please upload a picture

Detailed Answer:

Welcome to healthcare magic.

I understand from your query that you are concerned about a growth near your penis.

From your description, I would consider the possibility of a soft fibroma.
This is a benign growth which could occur on the foreskin.

Please upload a clear photograph so that I can assess better.

Dr. Johny Chacko

Follow up: Dr. Johny Chacko 17 hours later
It is to the right of the opening. It isnt raised much but if you pull the skin up it is a little raised.. if its not dangerous i dont care what it looks like. I havent had any sex and it has been months since i masturbated. If you could let me know that would be great. Jos
Answered by Dr. Johny Chacko 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
Cyst

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for the clinical picture.

From what I can see, it looks like a very small swelling. I would consider the possibility of a dilated gland. There are different types of glands opening near the genitalia like sebaceous glands and eccrine glands

It could resolve on its own.

I would just advise you to observe and if you feel it is growing in size, you could consult a dermatologist to get it cauterized.

Do not worry as it does not look like anything to be worried about.

Hope this helps you.

Dr. Johny Chacko
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Bhagyalaxmi Nalaparaju