• question-icon

What does a small lesion on the lower right cerebellum indicate?

Posted on Thu, 29 Jun 2017 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: Hello,

I'm a 31 year old male & past adderal abuser.

My blood pressure is 120/80 when I'm not on adderal/coffee.

I recently was told I may have had a stroke that left a small lesion on my lower right cerebellum, which obviously has frightened me.

Upon hearing this news, I've ceased use of the drug and am taking:

-Vitamin C - 500mg daily
-Resveratrol
-Beet Powder Concentrate Circulation Superfood
-Aspirin 81mg
-Fish Oil

I've read that those who've suffered a minor TIA will likely have a real stroke soon.

Is this true or is there something to be said for ceasing the use of adderal and maintaining my normal 180/20 BP?

I don't have insurance currently (the fault of the insurance provider) so I can't even get an MRI, but it was a CAT scan that originally picked up the lesion on the cerebellum.

I'd really appreciate any help you could provide me.
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Lifestyle changes are needed

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.

I have gone carefully through your query and understand your concerns. The risk factors of TIA are same as stroke and so you are definitely at risk. But that does not essentially mean that you would get stroke soon. Rather, proper control of your blood pressure will help in reducing the risk.

The role of Adderall in increase of risk factor of stroke is not very clear. Although it is thought to increase the risk, evidence shows that is not necessarily the case. Stopping Adderall suddently would not suddenly change the situation. You should make the changes in consultation with your treating physician.

A TIA gradually resolves. However, I would insist you to upload the CAT scan report.

Regular morning walk and eating a fiber rich diet would help in reducing the risk of stroke.

Let me know if I could help further.

Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha