What does a small lesion on penis shaft indicate?

Dermatologist
Question
need opinion before i go to dermatologist......small lesion on shaft has been there for two weeks but looks to be clearing up....large red lesion looks like a skin tag then i tried pullin it off when i noticed it last night. last lesion i noticed this morning.....looked a lot like large one before i messed with it.....had molluscum once but went away 2 yrs ago.....no itching or pain
Posted Fri, 22 Aug 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 14 hours later
Brief Answer:
wait and watch

Detailed Answer:
Right now due to manipulation of lesion, it is difficult to say with certainty whether its molluscum or not.
Right now just use an antibiotic cream like fusidic acid or neosporin over affected area.
Even if its molluscum, it should heal in few days as the picture shows you have pinched the lesion hard enough to pop off molluacum body. So just use antibiotic cream. Once the inflammation subsides and if at all lesion persists, it would be easier to diagnose and treat it accordingly.
Right now, you may delay your dermatologist visit. Molluscum doesn't spread extensively in four to five days, so you can wait
Hope this helped

Follow-up: What does a small lesion on penis shaft indicate? 32 minutes later
worried because im sexually active, told my partner about tge marks like a responivle person....shes scared it something permanant

Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 31 hours later
Brief Answer:
molluscum is not permanent

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for writing back.
Any infection that transmits by sexual contact is labelled as STD. Though molluscum is included in STDs, it may spread by other routes too like during a salon procedure, sharing a towel or a swimming pool, touching the lesion etc. In children genital molluscum is quite common and is not transmitted sexually. I have just mentioned these details to let you know that its a common infection and completely treatable. It is neither permanent nor severe.
At this stage we are not quite sure whether you have genital molluscum or not as the lesion is too inflammed to comment. It could be a simple boil,razor bump or a skin tag too. Let the inflammation subside, if the lesion persists we would know what it is and if it disappears you do not need to worry. If in future you get any molluscum lesion, do not worry just get it removed.

hope this helped

Follow-up: What does a small lesion on penis shaft indicate? 34 minutes later
went to common care doctor yesterday and a eurologist, both said same thing, looks like skin tag and large one looks like inflammed skin tag.....said it could be molluscum but it didnt look like it and since mine had cleared up two years ago wouldnt be probable unless i had contact with it again.....advised me to put duct tape over it and keep an eye on it......any other thoughts?

Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
just apply antibiotic cream

Detailed Answer:
Now as a doctor has seen your lesion and said it is probably a skin tag, we will go with his diagnosis as he has examined the lesion. Once the inflammation settles get these tags removed by electrocautery. I do not prescribe using duct tapes but you may follow your doctor's advise.
Hope this helped.

Follow-up: What does a small lesion on penis shaft indicate? 17 hours later
ive attached two photos of how things look as of this mornning.....any last opinions?

Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 38 hours later
Brief Answer:
skin tag or molluscum

Detailed Answer:
The lesion is still slightly inflammed. The two possibilities are a skin tag or molluscum. A skin tag is a slightly elevated skin colored lesion while molluscum is usually a skin colored or pearly white dome shaped lesion with central umbilication. After going through this recent pic, I won't rule out molluscum as to my eyes it looks more like molluscum. Let the inflammation subside and then get it cauterised.