What does a small bump under eyelid indicate?

Dr. Dadapeer K

Ophthalmologist

Posted on Fri, 8 Aug 2014 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Question: I feel a small bump under my left eyelid. Could this be serious?
Answered by Dr. Dadapeer K 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Small bump is not serious but requires evaluation.

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Welcome to Health care magic.

I am Dr. Dadapeer K, an ophthalmologist and I answer health problems related to eye.

It seems from the history that you are having a small bump under the eyelid. This is usually because of involvement of glands of eyelids.
If you are having pain and redness, it indicate inflammatory swelling like hordeolum.
If it is painless slowly growing it can be a chalazion.
Since you also have a lymphoma lid tumors though rare need to be ruled out.
Hence I need few details to answer more accurately,
Duration of the bump
Associated symptoms like pain, redness...
If possible do send a photo of the affected eye.

However a small bump is most probably not serious but requires evaluation and confirmation of diagnosis.

Hope the information is helpful to you.

Thank you
With regards
Follow up: Dr. Dadapeer K 18 minutes later
Thanks. I'll be seeing my doctor on Monday and get it looked at.
Answered by Dr. Dadapeer K 19 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Thank you

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thank you for follow up

Do get back to me after examination with your doctor.

Thank you for writing to Health care magic.

With regards