What does a skin tag in the urethral opening indicate?

Dr. T Chandrakant

General Surgeon

Posted on Sat, 23 Aug 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: Here is some pics also it is a small piece of skin i think to describe it jutting out a little when its pulled on. been there about a year i think. Doesnt really hurt. If its not major i dont care about getting it gone. Picked at it a little but nothing came out. I havent had sex and its been months since i masturbated. Maybe i hurt it doing that?
Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 56 minutes later
Brief Answer:
just a variation not a disease.

Detailed Answer:
Hi young man.
Thanks for the photographs, albeit pixellate but I could see the photograph attached to your another query which was better ad I could see it by making smaller to alleviate the pixallate.
This is just a skin tag.
The structure of the urethral opening is different in every person and this is just a small variation that has been seen since one year as you have grown to the present age of 19.
Since it is there for one year without causing any symptoms / problems, nothing to worry about it.
This is not a disease so you can have a policy of wait and watch.
It is good that you do not care about it.

Nothing to worry at the moment.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj