What does a sac like formation above the neck suggest?
Please confirm what is that and he reason for such formation
Looks to be sebaceous cyst, pl get it removed
Thank you so much for your query and the history and the picture.
What I can get from your history and the picture is that your husband is suffering from a lump just above the neck; it was diagnosed initially as a lipoma but later on was analyzed as a Sebaceous cyst (sac below the skin- an apt word you found ).
If there is loss of hair at the lump, this is classical of a Sebaceous cyst, it is not easily movable at all. There may be a black spot by which it is attached to the skin.
If these three criteria are positive, this may be the Sebaceous cyst.
The simple reason:
The duct of the sebaceous gland gets blocked by a plug so that the sebum remains inside the gland. The water content is absorbed by the body but the insoluble material can not be absorbed, hence appears as a lump.
Whatever the lump may be the principle is;
Get the lump excised for a few reasons:
1. This is not a normal part of the body, hence should be removed as it is going to grow on its own.
2. After removal you get a confirmed diagnosis.
3. This is the pressure area of the body as this is rested while sleeping, so should be removed.
I hope this answer helps to get a proper diagnosis, and get a proper further treatment. Please feel free to ask for more or if you need further clarifications or if you feel there is a gap of communication.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What is the suggested treatment for prolonged neck pain
- What does a neck xray look like
- What does wry neck look like
- What should my neck muscles feel like
- What are the yellow like marks on my neck
- Having neck pain what could be the cause suggest
- What does a neck sprain feel like
- What causes clipping like feeling in neck
- What does a neck strain feel like
- What does a healthy neck look like