What does a red lump on the scrotum indicate?
Possible infection of sebaceous cyst or other.
* Most commonly infection of sebaceous cyst or other lesions over the scrotum.
Kindly provide further details so that I can answer your query completely.
1. Lump - size , shape , duration , discharge of any material from that .
2. Associated fever if there .
3. If possible and no objection, a photo picture of the lump as an attachment in a follow-up session would be helpful.
* Primary pain relief will be there with tab. Ibuprofen after meals if no history of drug sensitivity, until you provide the details.
Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.
Scrotal abscess, requires immediate medical attention .
* It seems like scrotal abscess from infected boil .
* Need immediate attention to your family doctor for further management with
- Proper antibiotics, anti-inflammatory drugs to cover the infection.
- Surgery in terms of incision and drainage may be required in some of the cases according to the follow-up progress of the lesion.
* In a nutshell, it is not to be neglected or taken as granted at all.
Hope I have answered your query.
Dr Bhagyesh V. Patel, General Surgeon
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Lump inside the scrotum
- Lump bottom of scrotum
- What causes growing lump in right scrotum
- What causes lumps in scrotum area
- Small blood filled lump on the scrotum what is it
- Hard dry lump on scrotum
- Hard red lump scrotum
- Hiv scrotum lump
- Painless lump in the scrotum what could it be
- Hard lumps semen on scrotum
- What causes pain and pressure in the rectum?
- What causes constant urge to urinate?
- Suggest treatment for IBS
- Suggest treatment for fever, headaches and shortness of breath
- Suggest treatment for left sided abdominal pain
- What causes burning sensation in the penis?
- What causes burning sensation in the throat?
- What causes urinary hesitancy in public toilets?
- What causes numbness in both hands?
- Suggest treatment for loose stools