question-icon

What does a red dot on penis foreskin indicate?

Posted on Mon, 14 Jul 2014
Question: I have a tiny red dot that appeared on the foreskin of my penis, on the shaft area. Its not raised, doesn't itch, no pain, and its very small, looks almost like a hair follicle is irritated. Should I worry?
Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul (15 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Please provide pictures and details

Detailed Answer:
Hi

I understand your concern regarding your skin problem and I hope I am able to help you in the same .
Now only from the description, it is difficult to make out the exact diagnosis . I would like to have a look at the exact skin lesion .
Please click some close up pictures of the skin condition and upload them here on this page .
Also please tell if there is any associated pain or itching or discomfort?
Have you been applying anything over it?
Any outside sexual contact?

I am sure I will be able to help you more once you provide me the above details and the pictures .

Dr Geetika Paul
Follow up: Dr. Geetika Paul (4 minutes later)
i uploaded a picture, the dark spot is from my vitiligo, i circled the redness.

i tried applying Neosporin on it, but this just appeared today.

i had sex with my wife this morning and last night, I didn't see that red dot there earlier today.
Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul (21 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Lesion of folliculitis , apply antibiotic cream

Detailed Answer:
Hi again

I have seen the attached picture . It looks like a lesion of folliculitis only.
You simply need to apply something like neosporin or mupirocin over it twice a day.
I am sure it will it will get better with treatment .

Dr Geetika Paul
Dr. Geetika Paul

Dermatologist