question-icon

What does a reactive lymph node in the right supracalvicular region mean?

Posted on Wed, 3 Jun 2020
Question: I have a lymph node in right supracalvicular region for 15 years i have done FNAC and the report is it is only a reactive lymph node.. no malignancy is present.. what does it really means... how it can be treated?
Answered by Dr. Prasad (4 hours later)
Brief Answer:
needs observation.. Treatment only if you are symptomatic.

Detailed Answer:

Reactive lymph node is a benign and enlarged lymph node where the cause is usually infection or other inflammatory reason. It is not concerning. If your doctor is able to identify the cause of enlargement the it could be treated accordingly. Else, the available treatment is wait and observe.

Assuming you do not have any known symptoms, you most likely will need just monitoring. Please discuss with your treating doctor.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need clarifications.

Dr. Prasad