What does a rash on penis indicate?

Dr. T Chandrakant

General Surgeon

Posted on Mon, 25 Aug 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: Hello .
I am a 21 year old male . I have been noticing a rash type on my penis for about 3 or 4 months now. before it was just 2 little .I didn't really noticed it thought it will go away by it self . now I see that they are forming more . They are not red or pink or look like pimple . it's like a rough long line and it's black or dark brown I believe. more like a ring forming around the penis . It does itch not all the times but some times . I been sexual active but with the same women for past 2 years and just did an Std panel test about 2 weeks ago . It came out all good . whatever it is I don't want it to form more . I can attach the pics if needed .Please help .
Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 17 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Balanoposthitis most probably/ blood Sugar

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your query and an elucidate history.

This looks to be a problem called balanoposthitis.
It is good that you have a single sex partner.
The effective treatment is as follows:
Clean the area with plain water 2 to 4 times a day and and keep it dry with a pure cotton cloth or a dryer.
you may apply liquid Povidone Iodine locally or a Metronidazole cream- nothing else at all. We have seen no results with any other solution, cream or ointment. So do not try anything else; if you are using any, please stop it.

A course of antibiotic with metrogyl orally for 5 to 7 days should help you to get a cure. You can get your Blood Sugar checked. Consult a Dermatologist for clinical evaluation, tests if needed like blood sugar and others.
I think your partner should also take the same course. Have protected sex for about a month.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Follow up: Dr. T Chandrakant 1 hour later
This is what it looks like. Idk does it look like warts or any fungal infection? it was very little now it's kind of spreading . Please don't mind the pictures .
Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 23 minutes later
Brief Answer:
sorry

Detailed Answer:
Sorry.
Can not see any photos.
Please try to reload, and should of a good quality.
Follow up: Dr. T Chandrakant 3 hours later
Here are the pics
Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 12 hours later
Brief Answer:
thanks for photos

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your pictures.
Looks Balanoposthitis , continue treatment as outlined for you and your partner. You will be fine .