Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
171 Doctors are Online

What does a rash on penis indicate?

Feb 2018
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General Surgeon
Practicing since : 1984
Answered : 16001 Questions
Hello .
I am a 21 year old male . I have been noticing a rash type on my penis for about 3 or 4 months now. before it was just 2 little .I didn't really noticed it thought it will go away by it self . now I see that they are forming more . They are not red or pink or look like pimple . it's like a rough long line and it's black or dark brown I believe. more like a ring forming around the penis . It does itch not all the times but some times . I been sexual active but with the same women for past 2 years and just did an Std panel test about 2 weeks ago . It came out all good . whatever it is I don't want it to form more . I can attach the pics if needed .Please help .
Posted Sun, 24 Aug 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 17 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Balanoposthitis most probably/ blood Sugar

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your query and an elucidate history.

This looks to be a problem called balanoposthitis.
It is good that you have a single sex partner.
The effective treatment is as follows:
Clean the area with plain water 2 to 4 times a day and and keep it dry with a pure cotton cloth or a dryer.
you may apply liquid Povidone Iodine locally or a Metronidazole cream- nothing else at all. We have seen no results with any other solution, cream or ointment. So do not try anything else; if you are using any, please stop it.

A course of antibiotic with metrogyl orally for 5 to 7 days should help you to get a cure. You can get your Blood Sugar checked. Consult a Dermatologist for clinical evaluation, tests if needed like blood sugar and others.
I think your partner should also take the same course. Have protected sex for about a month.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: What does a rash on penis indicate? 1 hour later
This is what it looks like. Idk does it look like warts or any fungal infection? it was very little now it's kind of spreading . Please don't mind the pictures .
Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 23 minutes later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:
Can not see any photos.
Please try to reload, and should of a good quality.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: What does a rash on penis indicate? 3 hours later
Here are the pics
Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 12 hours later
Brief Answer:
thanks for photos

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your pictures.
Looks Balanoposthitis , continue treatment as outlined for you and your partner. You will be fine .
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor