Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
182 Doctors are Online

What does a rash on corner of the eye indicate?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2003
Answered : 5709 Questions
My son has rash corner of his right eye. He is 6.
Posted Mon, 10 Mar 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Dadapeer K 1 hour later
Brief Answer: This can be lacrimalsac related/allergic skin rash Detailed Answer: Hello Welcome to Health care magic Iam Dr. Dadapeer K, an Ophthalmologist and I answer health problems related to eye. I saw the photo attached with the question, the rash is a localized rash near the medial canthus of the right eye. This can be related to inflammation of conjunctiva or lacrimal sac or from the skin as a result of allergy. Please let me know if there is any history of discharge and redness of the eyes as this indicates conjunctivitis. Please let me know any history of watering from the eyes and redness, pain as this indicates lacrimal sac swelling. If yes treatment is by use of antibiotic eye drops. Please let me know if there is any history of insect bite or associated itching which indicates skin rash. The treatment is by using antiallergic ointments. Please do answer the above questions so that I can guide you regarding further treatment. Thank you
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor