What does a raised skin leison on thigh indicate?

Dr. Kalpana Pathak

Dermatologist

Posted on Wed, 6 Aug 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: I have this slightly raised light color skin lesion that's smooth on my thigh. It appears to have two hairs out the side of it next to each other. Its mid thigh and on the front side of it. Not on my inner or outer part of my thigh. Just wondering what it might be.
Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
could be a wart

Detailed Answer:
A small skin colored smooth asymptomatic lesion could be a viral wart.
Though you have attached multiple images but none of these shows the lesion clearly. Please take a good resolution image in a proper day light for further review.
If its a wart, it can be removed by electrocautery.
Please upload some good quality images and we can take this discussion further.
Follow up: Dr. Kalpana Pathak 13 minutes later
Here are some better pics and the location it is on my leg....Is this a common wart or genital wart? Given the location of it I wouldn't think it be a genital wart but of course that's why I am asking. Its been there for some time now and hasn't gotten any bigger or smaller. I saw my urologist on 6/4/14 and there was no sign of genital warts/hpv in the genital region or inner thigh.
Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 27 hours later
Brief Answer:
its a common wart

Detailed Answer:
Please accept my apologies for the delay in responding back.
I have seen new pics attached, it looks like a common wart.
A genital wart occurs in genital area and this lesion is over thigh.
A common wart can easily be treated by electro cautery or RF cautery. Your dermatologist would locally anesthetise the area and then cauterise the lesion. The procedure would hardly require five to ten minutes.
Hope this helped.
Should there be any doubt, please write back.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Follow up: Dr. Kalpana Pathak 17 minutes later
So what your saying is where this is located on my thigh a genital wart can't grow there? I have an over view picture given you the general area where it's located on my thigh and that's not a place where genital warts grow?
Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 23 hours later
Brief Answer:
this isnt a genital wart

Detailed Answer:
A genital wart as the name suggests is present in genital area. It cant be present at far away sites.
A genital wart is
present over genital area
transmitted by sexual contact
caused by different strain of human papilloma virus(HPV 6 and HPV 11)
appearance wise is commonly moist cauliflower like growth

A common wart
presents over any body area commonly hands and feet
transmitted through direct contact with affected area or touching articles touched by an infected person
caused by HPV 2,4
looks like a raised bump with dry rough surface.

The lesion over thigh is definitely not genital wart.
Hope this helped.