What does a raised red bump with an orange wax like cap on it indicate?
Please provide pictures and details
From the description, it looks like your child has developed some form of a superficial infection .
I would like to have a look at the exact skin lesions before we can be sure of the skin condition .
It would be great if you can click some close up pictures of the skin condition and upload them here on this page .
Also please tell since when your child has this problem?
Any associated itching or pain?
What all are you applying over it?
I am sure I will be able to help you more once you provide me the above details and the pictures. .
Dr Geetika Paul
Superficial skin infection, take treatment
The picture quality is surely not that great but from what I could make out, your child has developed a superficial bacterial infection of a group of hair follicles . This condition is very common in young children .
You simply need to keep the affected area clean by washing it with lukewarm water twice a day . Apply a topical antibiotic cream like neosporin or mupirocin over the affected area twice a day .
Do not apply any other cream or oil over it . Avoid using hair oil too. Make sure you wash the hair every alternate day so as to decrease chances of further infection .
Hope it helps
Dr Geetika Paul
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What could the red bumps on thighs indicate
- Raised orange bump on skin
- What do red bumps around the anus indicate
- What does a red bump above the penis indicate
- What does a red bump near the clitoris indicate
- What could the pimple like bump on temple indicate
- What do small raised bumps on the penis shaft indicate
- What does a red bump in upper arm indicate
- Orange wax like on scalp toddler
- What do red blister-like bumps on the spine indicate