What does a pressure pain in the chest mostly in the afternoon indicate?

Dr. Sagar Makode

Cardiologist

Posted on Thu, 6 Sep 2018 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: my husband is having pressure pain in his chest, his pain level is about 3 out of 10 It has been going on most of the afternoon. He was at his family dr today and sees a cardiologist in one week. I am waiting 20 minutes to see if his uncomfortableness subsides. XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Sagar Makode 43 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Get an ecg done

Detailed Answer:
Its important to get his ECG done as early as possible. We should rule out the possibility of heart attack. You can upload ECG here or show it to local doctor.
Does he have risk factors for heart attack like smoking, hypertension, hyperlipidemia or family history? Since how long he is having pain? Is there any sweating uneasiness and radiation of pain to left arm?
Any other symptoms, like epigastric pain, burning in chest, burping, increase in pain on lying down, etc to suggest Gastroesophageal reflux disease as a cause of heaviness.
If you have Aspirin with you, you should give him Aspirin and ask him to chew and swallow with water. Also, give some antacids like Omeprazole or Pantoprazole if available with you. So In nutshell, ECG is important.
Hope this helps you.

Dr. Sagar Makode, Cardiologist
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana