What does a positive result for reversible ischemia mean?

Dr. Bhanu Partap

Cardiologist

Posted on Thu, 24 May 2018 in Heart Attack
Question: What does it means when TMt report is positive for reversible ischaemia when patient hemoglobin is 8.2 and his age is 71 and he is also a sugar and blood pressure problem
Answered by Dr. Bhanu Partap 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Please refer to the detailed answer below

Detailed Answer:
Hello

After going through the medical details provided by you I understand your concern and would like to tell you that a positive TMT for inducible ischemia signifies that there is reduced oxygen supply by blood to heart during increased physical stress which produces ECG changes while TMT.

This decreased supply of blood happens due to some sort of blockage in the vessels of the heart. Sometimes these changes can be aggravated by associated anemia.

The only investigation with the help of which the blockages in the heart vessels can be ruled out is a coronary angiography.

You can discuss with your treating Cardiologist regarding this.

I hope this information will answer your query.

Kind Regards
Dr Bhanu Partap
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D