Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
127 Doctors are Online

What does a polyp next to the anus indicate?

Feb 2018
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General Surgeon
Practicing since : 1984
Answered : 15922 Questions
I have i guess what seems to be a polyp next to my anus and also between by anus and my perineum I have a raw spot on each side if I spread my butt cheaks.
Posted Fri, 21 Mar 2014 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Can be a pile(hemorrhoid ) Detailed Answer: Hi. Thanks for your query. The polyp next to the anus in fact can be a external pile too. Thanks for the photograph. I would have liked to have a clear photo. From what you have posted , it looks like a wound which can occur on repeated scratching knowingly or even unknowingly. This is the area which do not allow early healing by its position, sweating, rubbing on every movement of walking and coughing. I would advise you to see a Gastroenterologist at least once to do a per-rectal examination, proctoscopy and / colonoscopy as he may plan to decide the exact nature of a '' polyp'' and the raw surface you have. regards,
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Gastroenterologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor