question-icon

What does a polyp next to the anus indicate?

Posted on Fri, 21 Mar 2014
Question: I have i guess what seems to be a polyp next to my anus and also between by anus and my perineum I have a raw spot on each side if I spread my butt cheaks.
Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant (1 hour later)
Brief Answer: Can be a pile(hemorrhoid ) Detailed Answer: Hi. Thanks for your query. The polyp next to the anus in fact can be a external pile too. Thanks for the photograph. I would have liked to have a clear photo. From what you have posted , it looks like a wound which can occur on repeated scratching knowingly or even unknowingly. This is the area which do not allow early healing by its position, sweating, rubbing on every movement of walking and coughing. I would advise you to see a Gastroenterologist at least once to do a per-rectal examination, proctoscopy and / colonoscopy as he may plan to decide the exact nature of a '' polyp'' and the raw surface you have. regards,
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Dr. T Chandrakant

General Surgeon