What does a pigmented spot on the back of the thigh indicate?
I do visit a dermatologist twice yearly for skin checks, and no concern was expressed over the spot. Do you have any idea what it could be and whether I should be concerned? My dermatologist did diagnose me with a patch of tinea versicolor located between my breasts, and this does look somewhat like it. Thank you!
Hello. Thank you.
I am Dr kakkar (Dermatologist and Venereologist). I have noted your concern and I have viewed the images.
It is light brown/tan colored spot. It doesn't look concerning at all. Most likely it is a freckle. A freckle is always benign.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What do raised pimples around back of the thigh indicate
- Itchy spots on back of thighs
- Spot on stomach and back what can it be
- My back thigh swelling
- What causes itching on the thighs buttocks shoulders and back
- What causes burning sensation in back and thigh muscles
- What causes recurrent wounds on back of thigh
- White patches thigh back
- What could blue spots on back be indicative of
- Sore throat blotches on back and thighs what is it
- Suggest treatment for thinning of skin
- Is boil inside nose folliculitis a cause for concern?
- What casues allergic skin rash?
- How to diagnose herepes type 2?
- What causes white pimples in vagina?
- Suggest treatment for headache, acne and weight gain
- Suggest treatment for dandruff and red spot on scalp
- What causes non itchy eruption on penis?
- Suggest treatment for itching acne on hand
- Suggest treatment for itching sensation all over body