What does a persistent rise in BP levels indicate?
These is age related change.
This occurs due to age related hardening of vessels called as Arteriosclerosis. So no need to worry about that, but needs monitoring and control.
You should have a healthy lifestyle like avoiding fatty, oily and high-calorie diet. Have low salt diet and monitor blood pressure regularly thrice a day for one week then once or twice a week.
If bp is persistently more than 140/90 mmhg, then you should be on medicines for it. You could get prescribed Tab Cilnidipine 10 mg once a day in the morning.
Regular exercises like brisk walking, jogging according to your capacity at least 30 min a day and 5 days a week. Avoid smoking and alcohol if any.
Get your lipid profile and sugars tested once as a part of the screening.
Hope I have answered your query.
Dr Sagar Makode, Cardiologist
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What should be the ideal bp level
- What causes persistent high bp
- What does 180 bp level indicate
- Is this bp good and what does it indicate
- What does bp spike indicate
- What does level 11260 indicate for high bp
- What causes spike in bp level
- What is the level of high bp
- What should be normal bp level
- What should be my bp level