What does a painful bump in the hand indicate?
Hi and welcome.
This seems ganglion cyst and this is commonly seen in wrist. This is cyst filled with clear fluids and it is caused when tendon sheath start to grow. In many cases it pulls back spontaneously and sometimes surgical removal is required if there are symptoms such as pain or paresthesias. If there are no such symptoms then it should not be treated.
wish you good health.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Itchy bump on hand between fingers thighs what is it
- Bumps on hand painful what is suggested by the symptoms
- What do grey spots on the hand indicate
- What does pain and swelling on hand joints indicate
- What causes left hand pain
- What are the raised bumps on my hands
- What causes small pink bump on hands
- What is the remedy for painful swollen hands
- What causes pains in hands
- What causes pain in the arms and hands and green veins protruding in hands