Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
178 Doctors are Online

What does a nodular growth at the shaft of the penis indicate?

Feb 2018
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General Surgeon
Practicing since : 1984
Answered : 15859 Questions
I have a small nodular growth that isn't painful or causing any symptoms but initially was in the middle of the shaft of my penis and feels like it has migrated closer towards the base of the shaft. It is internal so I can't do anything but feel it. Again, it isn't causing any symptoms or problems, I just am not sure if it's something that could be normal or if I need to go see a doctor.
Posted Sat, 25 Nov 2017 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 14 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Please give additional information

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your query.
Noted the history well and understood your concerns.
Nodular growth in the shaft pf penis now feeling like migrated closure towards base but not causing any symptoms in a young male of 23 may not be of much concerns like cancer or so.
Please give some additional information for me to assist you better:
Since when is the growth present/
Is it in line with a vein?
Is it easily XXXXXXX under the skin and over the shaft or sort of fixed to any of the structures?
Any other information that you would like to share?
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: What does a nodular growth at the shaft of the penis indicate? 8 minutes later
It doesn't feel like it's in line with any veins, if I had to guess it's location, it feels deep to my urethra but midline, almost between the spongiosum and cavernosum tissues. Because it isn't superficial, it is hard to tell if it seems fixed to any structures but when I palpate it, it doesn't seem to move easily. I don't have any sort of penile discharges, hematuria, changes in urination, erectile dysfunction, or any other penis-related problems so I'm not sure what I might be feeling and where it might be if it hasn't been causing any problems. I am sexually active and have been in a monogamous relationship for two years but only first noticed this mass within the last few months.
Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 22 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Please see an Urologist

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your feedback.
This surely then needs an actual examination by an Urologist preferably and may be a few investigations line High resolution ultrasonography if the Urologist feels so.
Please get this checked for once to be sure.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor