What does a negative HCG result 5 days after embryo transfer indicate?

Dr. Rakhi Tayal

OBGYN

Posted on Mon, 19 Sep 2016 in Women's Health
Question: Hi I had FET 11days ago on day4i had a bleeding in the morning which was a bit red then went in to drown waterir s call my re did blood test and my p4 was really low continued support with cyclgest pessaries and went on to ingestion too ..today was 11dpt did hpt which was not pregnant ..wasa day5 blastocyst.. please help what went wrong and can I still b pregnant
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Wait for a week more and then repeat the test.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
A negative HCG test after 11 days of transfer is not conclusive. It is best to wait for a few days more and repeat the test. Continue your medications till then. If the test comes negative even after a week then pregnancy is not there. In that case a repeat ET will be needed.
Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T