What does a mass on panceras indicate?

Dr. Klerida Shehu

Gastroenterologist

Posted on Tue, 26 Aug 2014 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: I have just been diagnosed with a mass on the pancreas and am waiting to hear about an appointment for additional testing (I had a CAT scan which diagnosed this mass). I understand the equipment for this test is not available everywhere, so I will be traveling to Burlington, Massachusetts -- I live in New Hampshire. Can you tell me. please, what conditions could cause this mass, and a little something about the equipment that will be used? Thank you.
Answered by Dr. Klerida Shehu 12 hours later
Brief Answer:
EUS (endoscopic ultrasound)...

Detailed Answer:

There are various conditions suspected for this mass:
- simple/mucinous cyst
- benign or malign tumors

To my opinion, EUS ( endoscopic ultrasound ) with fine needle aspiration is necessary to run to take a sample from the mass to run biopsy. Thus, it will be concluded the final nature of the mass in your pancreas.

Hope it helped! Let me know if you have further queries!
Dr.Klerida