What does a lupus score or count indicate?
Various scales are used to monitor disease activity
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.
I have gone carefully through your query and understand your concerns. Systemic lupus erythematosus or SLE is a multisystemic disorder. The disease is not treatable but the progression of the disease can be monitored and kept in control (at least to some extent). Various scales have been set up to evaluate the disease activity. Probably you are talking about such a score. For example, Systemic Lupus Erythematosus Disease Activity Index-2000 is a score used to define active disease. The details can be found at:
You can also benefit from going through
Let me know if I could help further.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Low white blood cell count lupus
- What do the symptoms of lupus indicate
- Is leukocyte esterase level of 2 indicator of lupus
- What is lupus
- What organs does lupus affect
- What are the signs and symptoms of lupus
- What is worse lupus or ra
- What is lupus symptoms
- What does carrier of lupus mean
- What does being a lupus gene carrier mean
- Suggest treatment for severe loose motion
- Is there any cure for degenerative mucoid cyst associated with...
- Suggest treatment for chronic severe diarrhea and stomach pain
- Does Klonopin of a different brand cause any adverse reactions?
- What causes unusual sweating?
- Suggest treatment for joints pain in a person with IBS
- What are the side effects of Superglue injection?
- Suggest remedy for excessive dryness in mouth
- Is restarting of Casodex advisable after stopping it?
- Suggest treatment for severe constipation