Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

160 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

What does a lump on the perineum indicate?

Answered by
Dr. Hari Charan Perigela

General Surgeon

Practicing since :1995

Answered : 2280 Questions

Posted on Mon, 14 May 2018 in Lump
Question: my husband's got a small lump on his perineal area which we noticed just yesterday. is that something to be worried about?

he is 30 years old, a triathlete, his last competition was nov 26 but not much of training afterwards (run and gym exercise) and just home-office routine.
Answered by Dr. Hari Charan Perigela 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
It could be a sebaceous cyst.

Detailed Answer:
Lump in the perianal area could be a sebaceous cyst.
If the lump is painful,it could be an Abscess.
Please attach a pic if he has no objection.
You should consult a General surgeon,get examined clinically and proceed accordingly.
If it is a Sebaceous cyst,it can be removed under local anaesthesia.
Nothing to worry.
Hope I answered your query.If you have any questions,I will clarify further.
Wish him.good health.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on