question-icon

What does a lump on the arms and shoulders indicate?

Posted on Mon, 23 Jul 2018
Question: I have a lump on the back of my left upper arm and shoulder. It doesn’t hurt it’s large about the size of golf ball I didn’t realize I had it until my massage therapist told me about it. What could it be? Any clue?
Answered by Dr. Iven Romic Rommstein (30 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Possible lipoma or ateroma

Detailed Answer:
Hi and welcome.
Considering your description this is benign subcutaneous tumor and most common are lipoma and ateroma in this region These usually grow slowly and may not cause any difficulties but if there is such large lump then it would be best to remove it surgically under local anesthesia. wish you good health. Regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Dr. Iven Romic Rommstein

General Surgeon