• question-icon

What does a lump in the stomach indicate?

Posted on Tue, 1 Aug 2017 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: Hi I recently have experienced something on my lower right stomach. It is like there is something right under my skin like a bump or resistance point that when I run my finger down my stomach I can feel it and it like shifts from side to side and is not painful but sensitive to touch. Its a specific point and its my only real symptom. Its not pain its just like irritation. Recently to I noticed some dark patches on my stool but I have been consuming a large amount of leafy green vegatables raw in juice form probably 2 or 3 glasses a day the past few days maybe 2 is more accurate, like cilantro, parsley, XXXXXXX cucumber, apple, celery, lemon all juiced together into a medium sized glass. I have read this can darken stool but not sure. I have experienced the point tenderness for a couple weeks.
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 1 hour later
Brief answer....there is nothing to worry as it could be lipoma or some cyst
Detailed answer....
I have read your query and noted your concern.
Description of your query suggests it to be some very small cuts or lipoma.
Both are harmless conditions.
While cyst is a closed pocket of tissue and may have some fluid in it,lipoma is a below the skin soft tissue growth. Both are harmless and ,in general,nothing is done as part of their treatment. In case person feels pain,then they can be drained or removed.
As far as dark spots in your stool is concerned,it is definitely due consumption of leafy vegetables. 
In nutshell nothing to worry.
In case you find the growth under your skin increasing in size or causing pain,then consult your doctor.
At the moment,just forget it and relax.
I hope it helps,however you are most welcome to revert to me for any further query.
Best of luck
Thanks

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta