What does a lump at back left side of throat indicate?
Reduce stress, lymphoid tissue-Biopsy
Hello thanks for the quiery..
Since already you have visited ENT specialist,, and he has told you that it is lymphoid tissue.. I think your fears can be put to rest....Since you do not have complaints regarding recent weight loss, pain on swallowing and during having food..I very much doubt it is cancer..
Having said that i suggest you go for biopsy of that area and send it for histopathological examination to confirm and to reduce your stress...
Regarding the swollen glands on the left side of neck could be tonsils or lymph node,, for that home remedies include salt water gargle and drink warm water.. If you have fever and pain on swallowing on left side the you will need antibiotics and analgesic under the guidance of your treating doctor..
Also since your anxiety levels are more, to reduce it you must try yoga and meditation..
Practice good oral hygiene care by brushing teeth twice daily and clean tongue with a soft brush gently..
Hope it helps,,take care
lymphatic tissue-biopsy, ct scan or mri
Hello, Thanks for the follow up.
I believe lymphatic tissue could be biopsied...
Firstly get a complete blood test done, including bleeding time and clotting time.. Also get a ct scan or mri scan -since soft tissue problem is there...and it is bothering you since a year almost...
Try applying topical anesthetic spray or ointment to that irritating area...after the anesthetic effect has worn off, try examining whether same irritation is present... Either ways consult a ent for check up and treatment ...especially for biopsy and scan...
Hope it helps..take care...
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Lump in back of throat
- Blood lump in back of throat
- What does a lump in the back throat indicate
- Lump on back side of throat
- Yellow lumps in back of throat
- Back pain lump on the back what is it
- What is the lump at the back of my throat
- Red lump back of throat
- Purple lump in back of throat
- What causes lumps in the back of throat
- Is swollen lymph node adjacent to parotid gland a cause for concern?
- What causes palate pain, difficulty in swallowing and burning tongue?
- What causes pain in gums?
- What causes bumps at back of the tongue?
- Suggest treatment for tooth pain
- Suggest treatment for scarring inside upper lip and crooked smile after...
- Can we take steam for cold, when we have fever too?
- What causes twitching of bottom lip with habit of chewing tobacco?
- What does a lump at back left side of throat indicate?