Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
171 Doctors are Online

What does a lump above the pubic area indicate?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General Surgeon
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 1290 Questions
I have just found a hard, immovable, pea-sized lump in my abdomen, just above pubic area on lower left side, say one or two inches above c-section scar (now two years old). Not visible from the outside, but easy to feel through the skin. No pain. Any ideas? Worried but obviously will get it looked at by GP first thing tomorrow....
Posted Sun, 24 Aug 2014 in Lump
Answered by Dr. Ashish Verma 25 minutes later
Brief Answer:
could be sebaceous cyst or lipoma

Detailed Answer:

Welcome to HealthcareMagic.

As per your description, that could be a sebaceous cyst or a lipoma.

But the distinction can only be made by a clinical examination.

Both are benign swellings, and can easily be excised, if you want, on opd basis under local anaesthesia.

Hope i have been helpful.

Dr. Ashish Verma
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a General Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor