What does a little lump on neck indicate?
it could be cervical lymph node
I have read your query and seen the uploaded image as well. Thank you for the same.
In my view, it is most likely a cervical lymph node. This is nothing but normally present in the neck. However, due to infections, it can become swollen sometimes and present as a lump. The causes could be acute throat infection, infection in the upper airways and ears, etc.
Do you have any associated symptoms like fever, throat pain, cough, cold? If yes, get examined by your doctor and take a course of antibiotics (if required).
In the meantime, you can do warm salt water gargling of your mouth twice daily, take lukewarm water to drink, avoid spicy foods.
If you have no other symptoms, wait for a week for the lump to subside. It should be gone soon.
yes, smoking can be a reason too
Yes, smoking can cause the swelling too. I would suggest you to stop smoking for your better health.
Also, since there are no other signs, you can be relaxed about it. If it remains there for more than a month, get it checked by your doctor.
Hope this helps. Wish you good health.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Painless lump in the neck what could it be
- What is a mucoid lump in neck side
- Hard painful lump on the neck what is it
- What could be the reason for lump on the neck
- What do lumps at the back of neck indicate
- Little lump and pulsating in neck
- Little lump in neck and tooth absess
- What could a lump in the neck indicate
- What is the black spot on the neck with lump
- What does lump on neck indicate
- Pregnant. Planning for abortion. Is there any medication or natural...
- Suffering from premature ejaculation. Not cured by zolofit. How to solve...
- Facing abnormal bowel movement, unable to gain weight and have loss of...
- Having nausea, light-headedness, constant hunger, heart palpitation,...
- Suffering from premature ejaculation. Prescribed with Zoloft and prozak....
- Why am I having numbness on lower lip at night?
- Started shivering with fever and pain in bones all over body. Looking...
- Having pain in leg after a long drive. How to get relief?
- Consistent complaint of acidity, breathlessness, back pain on...
- What happen after taking overdose of cardizem er?