question-icon

What does a large purple bruise on inner thigh indicate?

Posted on Sat, 16 May 2015
Question: I have just noticed a large purple blotch on the inner thigh of my left leg what is it
Answered by Dr. Ronald Schubert (2 hours later)
Brief Answer:
Bruise

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for contacting HCM with your health care concerns

You are concerned about finding a large purple blotch on in the inner aspect of your leg. My first inclination is that this is more than likely a bruise. If you are taking aspirin as a blood thinner there is a great chance that even light trauma could have caused a bruise in this area.

The best way I can tell what this blotch is, is if you can take a picture and add it as an attachment to your question.

So please send a picture if you may so I can be more accurate in my diagnosis
Dr. Ronald Schubert