What does a large lump on the elbow indicate?

Dr. Ivo Ditah

Posted on Tue, 4 Apr 2017 in General Health
Question: I have a large lump on my elbow. It appeared after a short bought of the flu. I took tamiflu. At the end of the cycle it appeared. It is not discolored. It does not hurt. It feels like fatty tissue.
Answered by Dr. Ivo Ditah 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Probably a fluid collection!

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thanks for getting to us.

I have reviewed your information fully this looks like reactive arthritis. I will not be suggesting any special treatment for this but observe only. The rule is that it often resorbs itself spontaneously. If this fails to happen within a week, then I will recommend that you go for follow up investigations. Fluid would be taken out and examined at least.

I hope this helps relieves your worries. I wish you well. Feel free to follow up with me if need be.