Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
187 Doctors are Online

What does a large bulge on left aide of abnomen indicate?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 1999
Answered : 1677 Questions
Yes, I have a large bulge on left aide of abdomen. Test show just fat but it has gotten very big. no pain or discomfort how important is this to my general health? Have had MS for 35 years with comparable small disability. Thanks for any info. XXXXXXX
Posted Sat, 1 Feb 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Timothy Raichle 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Hello, I would be happy to help... Detailed Answer: Given the location of the bulge and the fact that you were told that this was "fat", then it is most likely a "lipoma" or a fatty tumor. These are invariably benign and of minimal to no concern. I am assuming that this was diagnosed based on an exam AND imaging. If you have not had imaging of the tumor, then a CT scan of the abdomen would be appropriate. Otherwise, these are usually only treated if they are causing symptoms. Also, if it is increasing in size over time, this would be another consideration for its removal. I hope that this has helped you - please ask if you have additional questions.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor