Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
180 Doctors are Online

What does a hard and enlarged growth in the groin area indicate?

User rating for this question
Answered by

General Surgeon
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 5767 Questions
I have discovered a small, hard, enlarged growth (outside the scrotum) in the groin area. I & my family are prone to sebaceous (sp.?) cysts. I have had several surgically removed (face; back)...over the years. could this be another OR something more dangerous??? Should I consult an Oncologist, Surgeon, Dermatologist, my regular MD or whom???
Posted Thu, 13 Mar 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 48 minutes later
Brief Answer: Benign skin lesion. Detailed Answer: Hello! Thank you for the query. Can you please send a picture of it so I can give more precise answer? Such lump is usually a benign skin lesion like sebaceus cyst indeed. Hair follicle inflammation is also possible. If you you are sure that this is outside the scrotum (in the skin), please consult a surgeon. However if this lump is inside the scrotum, ultrasound and urologist consult is necessary. Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions. Regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor