What does a half dollar sized lump on the back indicate?
Please provide additional information.
Thanks for posting your query.
I can certainly understand your concern.
Before guiding you further, I would like to know the following
1. Since how long he had these symptoms?
2. Please upload images of the swelling in the upload reports option on the webpage.
3. Is there any associated fever/cough/weight loss in him?
4. Any treatment or tests taken? If yes, please specify their details.
Once I receive your answers, I will guide you thoroughly.
He says he thinks v it been there for at least six months, not sure if before or after surgery, also a few years ago he was brutally sodomized by a group and there was damage from that how ever he never went in and had it c he ked out. He has had some weight gain since then.
A fine-needle aspiration and examination of the swelling is required.
I apologize for the delayed response.
I have worked through your attached query in detail.
Considering the clinical description and duration of the swelling, the possibility of an infection is high.
Hence, I'd advise him to consider a fine needle aspiration of the swelling followed by an examination under the microscope to determine its histopathology and further course of action.
Further management is largely based on test results.
The groin surgery for the hernia is probably not related to this.
I hope this answers your query.
Dr. Suresh Heijebu, General & Family Physician
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What is an uncomfortable pea sized lump on the back of hand
- What do lumps at back of the tongue indicate
- Pea size lump on back of ankle
- What do lumps at the back of neck indicate
- Pea sized lump on dogs back
- What does a lump in the back throat indicate
- Back pain lump on the back what is it
- Dime size lump on back of neck
- Dime size lump on back
- Dime size lump on back by flank
- Does excessive massage result in temporary nerve damage?
- What is the prognosis for CKD with eGFR of 52?
- Suggest treatment for sore lesions on the chin and buttocks, nausea and...
- What do ingestion, diarrhea and brain fog indicate despite following a...
- Can CFS and de Quervain tenosynovitis increase one's CK levels?
- What causes chronic vomiting after several surgeries around the uterus...
- What causes difficulty in sleeping in an elderly person?
- Suggest ways to lose weight in a healthy manner
- Suggest treatment for persistent sinus infection
- Suggest remedies for swelling and purple bruise around the finger nails