What does a fluctuation in blood pressure mean?
Yes, likely a machine was not properly calibrated
Yes, you are right. Its not possible for bp to have such variations and strange readings. This is all machines fault. It also depends upon the position of arm, for example if it is flexed at elbow, machine will show falsely low bp. So need to worry about it and also low bp usually causes dizziness, syncope, excessive weakness rather than strange feeling in chest.
Regarding strange feeling within chest, there are multiple reasons, but we always worried about cardiac problems. Many a times, it's just due to gastritis and reflux disease, which usually associated bloating, burping, epigastric pain, chest burning etc.
Regarding possibility of cardiac cause, firstly symptoms like chest pain or discomfort, heaviness usually occurs on exertion and relieves with rest. If occurs at rest usually associated sweating, uneasiness. Its also important to know any risk factors like hypertension, family history, smoking etc. I don't really of cardiac cause in you, but it's better if you can get ecg done as your symptoms are frequent and we need to be assured. Also, keep watch for any symptoms on exertion or walking.
Hope this helps you and get back if you have any doubts.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What should i do for fluctuating blood pressure
- What a blood pressure of 10444 mean
- What blood pressure readings mean
- Have fluctuating blood pressure what can be done
- What causes fluctuations in resting blood pressure
- Blood pressure of 13785 what it means
- What could be the cause of fluctuating blood pressure
- What means 19090 blood pressure
- 14371 blood pressure whats it mean
- What is the reason for fluctuating blood pressure
- Suggest treatment for extreme fatigue and nausea
- What do my lab test reports indicate?
- Is an iron infusion advisable when having normal blood report?
- What causes intermittent chest pain?
- Suggest treatment for bronchospasm
- Can coumadin be taken before a thoracic aorta CTA procedure?
- What causes frequent heart palpitations during pregnancy?
- What does my angiogram result report indicate?
- Is blood pressure of 125/72 a cause for concern?
- What does my TLC result report indicate?