What does a few gram positive cocci in chains and occasional gram negative bacilli seen in a throat swab test indicate?
Organism Identified: Normal commensals
Please let me know is it serious problem. Can it be reduced by medication. i am taking antibiotics for past 13 days but tonsills are still swolen. Please advice.
The culture report is absolutely normal.
It says the organisms are normal commensals.
There is nothing to be worried as far as the report is concerned.
Please tell me what medicines have you been taking so far?
It would be better if you can send me the picture of your throat so that I can suggest you better and prescribe you accordingly.
Hope I have answered your query.
Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal,
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Symptoms of gram negative bacilli
- Gram negative bacilli in vagina
- Pleny of gram negative bacilli
- Gram negative bacilli urinalysis
- Plenty gram negative bacilli seen
- Vaginal test results shows gram positive bacilli cocci seen indications
- What is moderate gram positive bacilli
- Gram negative bacilli
- Occasional gram negative bacilli
- Gram positive cocci bacilli