What does a dull pain in the navel area indicate?

Posted on Thu, 11 Jun 2015 in Abdominal Pain
Question: pain developed 2 hrs ago dull ache pain maybe a 7 about 2-3 " above belly button, have not eaten in 12 hrs. never had this before
Answered by Dr. Nishad BN 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Most likely due to gastritis.

Detailed Answer:
Hi

Thank you for asking HCM.

I have gone through your query. Your problem can be most likely due to gastritis. The site you mentioned is characteristic for this. Applying hot water bags will give relief in case of gastritis also.

In such case i would recommend taking Esomeprazole for 2 weeks. This is available in brand Nexium as over the counter. Take light meals at short intervals. Avoid fried and fatty foods, pickles and junks. Carbonated drinks and coffee should be avoided also. Tea can be taken in moderation.

If no improvement then consult your physician to rule out problems like peptic ulcer which is common in males over 60.

Hope this may help you. Let me know if anything not clear.
Thanks.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Shanthi.E
Dr. Nishad BN