Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
157 Doctors are Online
Ask a Dentist   »  

What does a dry spot inside the right cheek indicate?

User rating for this question
Answered by

Practicing since : 2011
Answered : 12938 Questions
I have this weird texture on the inside of my right cheek. It doesn't hurt, nor red or shows anything strange. It just that particular area is sorta dry not moist or wet like other areas. I drink a lot of water every day, brush my teeth and floss too. However, I'm currently on an antibiotic for my acne but i haven't had any side effects for 3 months so it couldn't randomly show side effect right? Anyone know what is the problem?
Sat, 9 Jun 2018 in Dental Health
Answered by Dr. Honey Arora 54 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Please upload the pictures.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for the query..

Well without seeing a picture it is hard to understand the exact cause..

Please upload a picture for better understanding.

Also please tell that do you have any white line or white patches over the cheek?
Do you often bite your cheek?

Please revert back..

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: What does a dry spot inside the right cheek indicate? 9 hours later
Yeah, I did try to take a picture but it's just at an angle that impossible to take it with a huge phone. And No I do not notice any white line or white patches on the cheek yet for now. Sometimes I chew my food, gum I do accidentally bite on my cheek sometimes.
Answered by Dr. Honey Arora 14 hours later
Brief Answer:
Can be a cheek bite..

Detailed Answer:
Well it can be a cheek bite you had previously in that area and the rough feeling can be due to the rough mucosa in that area..

It does not look like anything serious..

But in case if you still doubt consult an Oral Physician and get a clinical examination done..

Hope this helps..

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: What does a dry spot inside the right cheek indicate? 22 hours later
Okay, today I just noticed that this is not from cheek bites for sure. It seems like the weird texture started to spread a bit bigger now and I also see that my upper lip but inside is a bit swollen and have two small pimples. This is bad right? Based on what I've described do you know what is it? I probably better go check it with the doctor...hopefully it's not oral cancer or anything.
Answered by Dr. Honey Arora 22 hours later
Brief Answer:
Does not look like cancer.

Detailed Answer:
It does not look like cancer rather can be due to continuous irritation to the area or excessive keratin deposition..

Two small pimples can be canker sores..

Yes, get it checked by a Dentist for better understanding..

But don't worry it is not looking like cancer..

Regards .
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dentist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor