Ask a Dentist   »  

What does a dry spot inside the right cheek indicate?

Excellent

Dentist
Question
I have this weird texture on the inside of my right cheek. It doesn't hurt, nor red or shows anything strange. It just that particular area is sorta dry not moist or wet like other areas. I drink a lot of water every day, brush my teeth and floss too. However, I'm currently on an antibiotic for my acne but i haven't had any side effects for 3 months so it couldn't randomly show side effect right? Anyone know what is the problem?
Sat, 9 Jun 2018 in Dental Health

Answered by Dr. Honey Arora 54 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Please upload the pictures.

Detailed Answer:
Hi..
Thanks for the query..

Well without seeing a picture it is hard to understand the exact cause..

Please upload a picture for better understanding.

Also please tell that do you have any white line or white patches over the cheek?
Do you often bite your cheek?

Please revert back..

Regards.

Follow-up: What does a dry spot inside the right cheek indicate? 9 hours later
Yeah, I did try to take a picture but it's just at an angle that impossible to take it with a huge phone. And No I do not notice any white line or white patches on the cheek yet for now. Sometimes I chew my food, gum I do accidentally bite on my cheek sometimes.

Answered by Dr. Honey Arora 14 hours later
Brief Answer:
Can be a cheek bite..

Detailed Answer:
Hi..
Well it can be a cheek bite you had previously in that area and the rough feeling can be due to the rough mucosa in that area..

It does not look like anything serious..

But in case if you still doubt consult an Oral Physician and get a clinical examination done..

Hope this helps..

Regards..

Follow-up: What does a dry spot inside the right cheek indicate? 22 hours later
Okay, today I just noticed that this is not from cheek bites for sure. It seems like the weird texture started to spread a bit bigger now and I also see that my upper lip but inside is a bit swollen and have two small pimples. This is bad right? Based on what I've described do you know what is it? I probably better go check it with the doctor...hopefully it's not oral cancer or anything.

Answered by Dr. Honey Arora 22 hours later
Brief Answer:
Does not look like cancer.

Detailed Answer:
Hi..
It does not look like cancer rather can be due to continuous irritation to the area or excessive keratin deposition..

Two small pimples can be canker sores..

Yes, get it checked by a Dentist for better understanding..

But don't worry it is not looking like cancer..

Regards .