What does a dry cough and drainage in the back of throat indicate?

Dr. Jnikolla

Pulmonologist

Posted on Wed, 1 Aug 2018 in Lung and Chest disorders
Question: What does a prescient cough mean, I had bronchitis in late November and I still have a dry cough and clear my throat often, drainage in the back of my throat
Answered by Dr. Jnikolla 29 minutes later
Brief Answer:
chronic cough can be due to sinusitis

Detailed Answer:
Hello and welcome to HealthcareMagic,

I can understand your concern

According to the history, I don't think this cough is not due to the lung nodules.

The drainage of the secretions to the back of the throat is a sign of post nasal drip syndrome which is a condition due to the infection of the sinuses (sinusitis ).Probably an ENT specialist is needed for better evaluation regarding.

Your cough seems to be a chronic one probably due to sinusitis. Don't worry so much.

I think the lung nodules are an incidental finding which needs further follow-ups.

I hope to have been helpful

Regards and feel free to ask me again

Dr.Jolanda

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee